Monday, March 26, 2012

Springtime & Spring Clothespins

Here in Western Pa, we’ve been enjoying beautiful, spring weather. Unfortunately, since it is still March, it turned cold today but the warm sunny days we’ve had have been very much appreciated.

Warm sunny days are perfect days for dyeing wool!

drying wool dyeing!

It’s so much easier to be able to hang my sopping wet dyed wool out on the clothesline to dry rather than running the clothes dryer all day.  I don’t like to squeeze the rinse water out of the wool so right from the kitchen sink, out the back door and onto the line it goes, dripping in the sun.

Drying Pastel Wools

I can look out my kitchen window and see all the pretty colors that are gently blowing in the breeze.  Days like these, I love dyeing wool.

I love clothespins too.  But have you all noticed how new clothespins are so cheaply made? People don’t hang their clothes outside to dry anymore, so I think clothespin manufacturers don’t see the need to make quality clothespins.  I’ve looked everywhere for good heavy duty spring clothespins, but no luck.  These cheaply made pins work ok for my wool but it’s doubtful they’d be able to hold a pair of men’s jeans on the line … or a blanket. 

If anyone knows where I can buy some good, tight, spring-type clothespins, please let me know.

CIMG1080

So, my website  now have these pretty pastel wools available.  More colors will be available soon so keep watch.  I’ll start off offering them as little bundles packages, but hope to have individual colors available in a few months … I need more warm sunny days!

sprintimegarden500 Later today, I’ll be adding the wool bundles for colors to make this “Springtime Garden” design. 

NEWSLETTER INFO!

If you haven’t already signed up for my newsletter, please do! At the top of this page, on the left, just type in your email address and you’ll be added to the list. 

I’m almost ready to mail the newsletter out and it will include a contest to win a pattern of your choice so be sure to sign up.

 

Ok, that’s all for today!  Thank you ladies for all of your support.  My newest pattern, Pansy Garden has sold unbelievably well … all because of my blog readers.  I really REALLY appreciate your friendships and your kindness.

Happy Day Everyone!

5 comments:

Anna said...

love the springtime garden as much as seeing the colors blowing in the wind!

Carrie P. said...

Beautiful! perfect colors for spring. reminds me of Easter eggs.

Kathy said...

Beautiful wool on the clothesline!

I would love to buy some heavy-duty clothespins, too, but I haven't found any. The cheap ones irritate me more every time I use them! Please let me know if you are able to find some.

village folk art said...

YUMMY colors. Looks like Spring has sprung on your clothesline. Love the new penny rug of tulips. Too pretty to cover up. Your designs are all wonderful.

Pattyskypants said...

You can buy wooden clothespins and lots of other "old-fashioned" items at the Vermont Country Store. They have a fantastic catalog! Google it.