Friday, February 10, 2012

I’m In The Mood For Bunnies!

 

It’s that time of year when I have to start thinking about Easter and spring designs.  Easter is early this year … April 8th will be here soon!

I was looking through Google images the other day trying to get some ideas on making a cute bunny face for my new design.

Oh. My. Gosh!  The bunny pictures that I found were so cute that I just kept looking and looking. 

I have a design in mind that has a bunny getting caught eating the garden carrots.  I needed, first of all, a good idea of how to create the bunny face and second of all, I wanted to get an idea of how create the bunny eyes to make it have a guilty/”uh oh, I’m caught”expression.

Those bunnies are just the cutest things! 

The picture above reminds me of  the young couple who lived down the road from us who had a pet rabbit that they kept in their house. 

They let it roam loose throughout their small home.  It was so cute to see it hopping around in their living room and it was even paper trained.  How perfect!  They are smart creatures and it seemed like a great pet.  But then later, I heard that their cute little bunny was eating everything in site … like their couch and carpeting.  You wouldn’t think that those cute little things could do so much damage, but gosh, it’s a good thing it didn’t turn into a fried bunny when it chewed through the lamp wire.

Anyway, I enjoyed my Google image “bunny eating” search and it helped me with my design idea. 

bunny I’ll show my design drawing as soon as I put some finishing touches on it.  The pic above is exactly the expression I was looking for.  See how those eyes have that “uh oh, I’m in trouble” kind of look? 

I hope to use that eye expression in my new design.   Sometimes the translation from drawing to wool stitching doesn’t work though, so I’m proceeding with caution. 

It’s supposed to snow a bit over night and tomorrow so it’s a perfect time to sit by the fireplace and stitch!

Happy Weekend Everyone!

No comments: