Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Where The Heck Is That Barbie Hiding!?!

 

I remember growing up with a mother who would forget where she hid Christmas presents.  I can’t remember what the presents were, but I distinctly remember being puzzled by how in the world someone could forget something like that, especially in a small house which was occupied by 5 people.

To give myself a little credit, our house is much bigger than the house I grew up in.  Therefore, there are more hiding places available.

To my discredit though, the gift that is missing didn’t need to be hidden, because Rachel knew she was receiving it as a gift, just like she’s received it for the last 10 years.

I know I bought this several months ago ….

BARBIE

It’s the 2010 Hallmark Barbie Ornament.

Rachel has received the Hallmark Barbie Ornament every year since they first appeared 11 years ago.

I know she’s somewhere in this house.  I just don’t know where I put her after she arrived here.

I wouldn’t have hidden it anywhere.  I would have put it upstairs in our bedroom just to store it out of the way.  But. it’s. not. in. our. bedroom.

Oh, I’ve searched.  And then I searched more.  Then yesterday I cleaned and searched.  I found some missing socks, Jen’s old  swimsuit, Rachel’s favorite jeans that has a hole I needed to patch…about 3 years ago.  But Barbie is still missing.  I know for sure where Barbie is NOT hiding. 

To make it worse, I’m reading the new Stephen King book.  His books always give me creepy ideas in my head, long after I’ve finished reading the book.  I can imagine the hidden Barbie ornament … well, I won’t go into Stephen King details but basically, it involves rats and maggots and lots of bad smells and sinister noises.

I must find that missing Barbie before Stephen King does!

So I’m making myself crazy trying to figure where the heck I could have put that little ornament box.  The daughters are going to have a fine fun time making fun of me for this one.

I’m telling myself right now; I’m going to search for it a little more today and if it doesn’t turn up, I’m going online to order another one.

I know what’s going to happen when I order a new one though …

the missing one will turn up.

So if any of you happen to know where I put that missing Barbie ornament, please let me know.  I would appreciate some help!

In other Christmas news …

How could someone not want to receive a brand spanking new Apple IPad for a Christmas gift? 

That’s the big gifts that hubby and I gave our two daughters for Christmas.

One daughter was more excited than the other to receive it.  It was a huge surprise for both of them though.  Jen and Jason love it and Rachel, preferring her laptop, isn’t quite as thrilled with hers, but I’m sure once she uses it more, she’ll love it too.

If anyone out there reading this has an IPad, and knows of some good interesting Apps that you can’t live without, let me know. 

Rach found a police scanner App and the other night we learned that someone had a flat tire on the turnpike and somewhere close by, a 65 year old woman had a hematoma.  All of that fascinated her for some reason.

All in all, it was a really nice Christmas.  I’m glad it’s over though.  Once the tree and decorations are put away, things can get back to normal …well, at least as normal as it can be after reading a Stephen King book.

 

Happy Day everyone! …. and if anyone can tell me where that darned Barbie is in my house, I’ll love you forever!

8 comments:

The French Bear said...

Haha, look in your recipe book cupboard or in your sewing basket!!! I usually hide at least one thing that doesn't get found for a couple years!!!!
Love the story of the ipads, too funny!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Phyllis in Minnesota said...

If it makes you feel any better, 4 yrs. ago my son was married and when I went to put on my "mother of the groom wedding shoes" they were gone/missing. Searched for as long as possible but had to wear a substitute and still haven't found them. The marriage bit the dust 2 yrs. later - maybe the shoes were a sign of what was to coming.

~*~Leanne~*~ said...

When my kids can't find something I tell them it's next to the candy bar soooo Barbie is right next to the candy bar! LOL Good luck finding her.
Leanne

Darlene said...

HMMM - I know where Barbie is hiding but I'm telling! bahahahahahahaha!!!!

Darlene said...

oops LOL - I meant I'm NOT telling.

the krafty rose said...

All you have to do is ask St Anthony.. Say St Anthony St Anthony turn around somethings missing and must be found. Has ALWAYS worked for me.......but don't forget to thank him after you find it.

Good Luck

Anonymous said...

The other day, I was searching for some gifts that I received prior to Christmas. Finally found them in a drawer in our guest room. Hope that helps!

Charlotte

Colleen MacKinnon; Penny Rugs and More said...

I just have to add that you reminded me of our Christmas' when I was young, growing up in a small house with 7 people. My mom would always forget where she hid presents! Too funny! And yes, pray to St. Anthony. (I believe there was alot of that going on in our house) :-)