Monday, February 15, 2010

Ripped Off By Kipp Inglis Yost of All Sewn Up

This is my newest wool Candle Mat pattern called, “It’s Spring, Chicks!”
It's Spring Chicks!  This design certainly has helped me get through this rough snowy weather time.
It measures 14” round and is shown made with 100% wools, but this can very easily be done with woolfelts too. 
100_3432
The pattern is being printed today so I’ll take pre-orders for it at the special price of $8.00 which includes shipping.  Canadians and other international readers are welcome to order at this special price too with no additional shipping charges.
I should have this ready for mailing by Wednesday.
To order, just go to my Cath’s Pennies Designs Shoppe .  If you don’t wish to pay by Paypal, I accept personal checks!  Just email me at cathspennies@gmail.com and I’ll send you payment instructions.

I’m also soo sooo very pleased to announce that my long time friend, (Ignore all this praise because Kipp Inglis Yost of "All Sewn Up"  decided to not pay me for all of the patterns I sent her. Yes, she ripped me off!) ”, will be carrying my patterns in her quilt show vendor booths.  She’s kitting them up right now for her next show, which is in Hughesville, Pa on March 5, 6, and 7th.
(Name Deleted) is the woman who discovered me almost 10 years ago.  Back then, she had a vendor booth at all the national quilt shows around the country.  I made all of the wool penny rug samples for her to display in her vendor booth.  Patterns always sell better when the customer can actually see and touch the finished item, so (name deleted) made sure that all her kitted patterns had samples to go with them.
It was the perfect job for me at the time.  (Name Deleted) sent me the patterns, the wools and the threads to make the penny rugs.  I’d make them and mail the finished ones back to her.  She paid well and was very generous with supplies and her beautiful hand-dyed wools.   How perfect it was for me because I got to make the newest, best designs on the market using the best of quality wools and threads. 
(Name Deleted) has the same tastes in pattern designs that I do and I can only think of one pattern, out of probably over a hundred, that she sent me that I didn’t enjoy doing.  (No, I’m not going to tell what that pattern was but I very clearly remember it.)  :)
That job lasted a good .. hmm … 3-4 years?  Not sure, but it was so much fun while it lasted.  (Name Deleted) had to stop doing the national shows so that she could spend more time at home with her family.
Until now!  (Name Deleted) is back!  She’s starting off doing some small shows just to get back into the swing of it.  I betcha by the end of the year, she’s going to be back with the big-time national vendors.  It’s in her blood, it’s inevitable. 
So anyway, those of you who live close to Hughesville, Pa, which is in the northern, middle part of the state, mark your calendars for the quilt show. 

Note:  (6/30/2011)  This woman who was so kind and helpful way back when I worked for her, ripped me off for hundreds of dollars (over $500 worth of finished samples were sent to her and she never paid me for them)along with bounced check fees, when she originally shut down her business.  I forgave and let it go because I felt sorry for her...she was struggling with family issues.   When she went back into business last year, I felt sorry for her again.  I sent her one of each of my patterns to get her started, free sample patterns and then sent her dozens of my patterns for her to sell kitted with her wool.
I told her to pay when she was able.  But after a year, she's never paid and refuses to answer any emails.  I've given her options ...told her to send me wool instead of money since she couldn't pay ... I've even told her I would accept $5 a month until her debt was paid, but no response. 
I blame myself for foolishly trusting her ... only to have to steal from me again.  I'm sad about it ... not angry. But, if she happens to read this ever ... Kipp Inglis Yost, of All Sewn Up,  you've done me wrong. again.  Do the right thing.

UPDATE (12-14-12) As of this date, Kipp Inglis Yost of All Sewn Up has still not paid the amount due from her invoices from August and September of 2010.  I've been more than helpful and willing to accept anything in exchange for the monetary payment, but she has yet to make any kind of effort to pay her debt. 
She's lied, she's hedged, she's made excuses and each time, I offer to work something out to help her with the payment and now there's silence.  I've even offered to reimburse her for the shipping cost to mail the patterns back to me.  She did say that she'd borrow money for the postage to mail them back, but that shipment day has come and gone.
Kipp Inglis Yost of All Sewn Up, used me, took advantage of me and still to this day, shows all of the samples that I made for her in her vendor booth at quilt shows. 
I am wiser now because of her. My only hope now is that she loses business because of this post.
Kipp Inglis Yost, "All Sewn Up"  kippinglis@gmail.com  She's a thief.

UPDATE (12-13-15)  Kipp Inglis Yost of All Sewn Up  
Her  Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/kipp.inglis 
Please don't do any kind of business with this woman.  I know I will never receive her payment that she owes me, I don't want her to steal from anyone else.
Kipp Inglis is not to be trusted.
 Kipp Inglis, if you read this, and you've decided to do the right thing, just email me at cathspennies@gmail. com .     


That’s all for now!  We’re getting more snow today!  Yay!  :)

Happy Day everyone!

2 comments:

Shakerwood said...

It turned out great! Bring on Spring!!

Rocking Chair Stitches said...

Cath - OMG we have talked about similaritis in our lives before but I am beginning to this we are kindred spirits. I too was mentored by a women that has become one of my closet friend. Jackie Bennett Apessos called me on the telephone one day after I had been ordering her patterns and stitching her wonderful creations. AI almost died when I saw her name on the caller ID. I started making models for her at her request exactly the way you did shipping back and forth lol. She convined me that I had something and told me you need to do patterns. I said no way.....I showed her something that I had designed and she ordered the pattern...lol I had no choice I had to make it. That was the beginning. Funny huh. PS I would love to carry your patterns in my quilt shows too!!

Michelle