Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Love Ewes Pattern !

As much as I dislike crows, those nasty obnoxiously annoying birds, I love sheep. If if were possible, I’d put a sheep in every single design that I make, just because I love ‘em so much.




So here’s the finished “Love Ewes!” candle mat. It measures 13” across and is made entirely of 100% wool but this can easily and nicely be made with woolfelt too.


The patterns are being printed today so I’ll take preorders of this pattern starting today. I’m offering the special preorder price of $8.00 for the pattern, which includes shipping. This price is good for Canada too. Any international customers, just email me first for a shipping cost adjustment. … usually only $1 more.


This special price will be good until Friday, which is the day that I hope to have these patterns ready to mail. After Friday, the price will go up to $9.50.


To order, click on the Paypal button under the “Love Ewes!” picture up there on the left corner.


Now, I’ve been asked about the wool that I used on this for the sheep. Um … this is really thick, fleecy wool that I use just for sheep and santa beards and snowmen. I have one large piece of it and I’ve had this piece of wool for so long, that I don’t even remember where it came from. I wish I could share this wool with everyone because it makes sheep look like sheep, but I don’t have a source for this wool. Once I’ve used it up, which will be soon, it’s gone forever.


I’ve also been asked about kits to go with this pattern. I don’t have enough wool or time to get into kitting this but you might want to ask Brenda, over at Pumpkin Patch Primitives . If she has enough interest, she might be willing to kit this up.



I’ve also been asked quite a bit about this design:


000_1035


I’ve had the picture posted up there on the left of this candle mat for a while now .. not because it’s for sale or because there is a pattern available for it, but just because I love looking at it.


It’s special because it’s made with super thick blanket weight wools which make those stacked pennies look so plump and .. well like snowballs. I could easily make this into a pattern, but the plump effect just wouldn’t be the same without using the super thick wool. So when I get the chance, I’ll make one up with regular weight wools so that we can all get a better idea if it’s worth turning into a pattern to sell. Ok? Ok.


And, for your listening pleasure, I’ve removed the Christmas music and put my regular music back up.


This song, “One Day Like This” is by the group called “Elbow”.


I’ve been asked a LOT about this song and what it is so here’s the video that goes with the song. It’s a terrific, fun video to watch so take a couple to watch it. Go HERE to watch the video and listen to other songs by Elbow.


Ya know .. I started writing this at 9 am and here it is almost noon and I’m just finishing up. I think I need to start taking the phone off the hook in the morning! :)


Happy Day everyone … and someone make my phone stop ringing!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE this design!..I am not a lover of sheep...but, I do like them....but, this one is just AWESOME!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I agree just awesome, you do wonderful work:)

Rondell

Anonymous said...

The design is adorable...your work is always so fun to see!

Shakerwood said...

Sheep are just about my favorite as well. I love the buttons for feet. Such wonderful work.

SDQuilter said...

Thanks!! I could not wait to add this pattern to my growing collection of yours. I love their little feet.

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

I love sheep too and this design is adorable! I haven't seen a single thing made by you that I didn't love.
Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

There's music on your blog??? I guess if I read your blog at home instead of during work time, I might hear it. They (The IT people) have a lot of stuff blocked so that we can't goof around .....but we always find a way.
Love your sheep design, you never cease to amaze me with your talent.

Casserole Carol

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Just love the Love Ewes pattern and purchased it! I am so excited to give this wool stitching a try and hope I can make it looks something like your Cathy! You have the most wonderful designs!