Sunday, October 11, 2009

New Fall Design: Scarecrow 2nd Try

I've scrapped that first Scarecrow candle mat that I showed the other day and started fresh and new. Different background and different scarecrow clothes and different pumpkin wool too. I like this one much better.


Yikes, this picture is bad ... The actual colors aren't as bright as this shows. It's a really beautiful sunny day and the picture was taken right beside a sunny window, so naturally, it's bright. Anyway, I'm really happy with how this design is turning out. The scarecrow is so much fun to make.

There's just been too much going on around the Wagner home lately that I've not had too much time to work on this.

The good thing is that I"ve a roaster full of Stuffed Cabbage in the oven right now and it's smelling pretty darn good!

So my sister (Casserole Carol) will really enjoy this little story I have to tell because it's about her.

Last night, Hubby and I went to a little get-together bonfire thing that a friend of ours was having. Perfect night for a bonfire, btw. Have I mentioned that I love fall? Oh yeah, I have!
So we get there and of course there are people there that I don't know. We are introduced and it so happens that there is a woman there named Shirley who happens to know my sister and her husband.
Anyone that knows my sister and then meets me will always say EXACTLY the same thing when they meet me. EVERY TIME. EVERY TIME. It's not that it annoys me ... I'm well past that stage/age. It's actually quite amusing now because I brace myself, just waiting for the words to come out of their mouth ....

"You look just like her".

Carol probably wouldn't mind if we just started telling people that we were identical twins. But since Carol is one year older than me, I will never, ever go along with that. She the old one, I'm not.

So naturally, Shirley bursts out excitedly, "you look just like your sister!" and naturally, I laugh, like I always do and say "yes, everyone tells us that"
but then Shirley said,

"OHHH, you sound just like her too
!"

Ok, I've had enough.
I SOUND LIKE HER?????

Sheesh.

Shirley turned out to be really nice and friendly so I won't hold that against her.

Looking like my sister can be a problem at times. So many times, I can be out shopping and someone will approach me with a friendly "Hi! how ARE you?" They act as if I should know them and even though I've never seen them before in my life, I now know that I better act like I know them because obviously they think that I am Carol. I don't want my sister to lose friends so I give them a pleasant "I'm good, how are you?" and then walk away quickly. I've found this is better than looking at them strangely and saying "Umm, do I know you?"
Carol should be very grateful that I do this for her. I'm just cetain that after they see me, believing that I'm her, they think, "wow, Carol is really looking a lot younger, wonder what her secret is?"
:)
Carol was nagging me yesterday about blogging more so ... here ya go, Carol!
Happy Day everyone!

9 comments:

paulette said...

Caths, whenever I see that you have posted a little yahoo can be heard coming from my sewing room (that is where my computer is). Your work is stunning and love your stories!! Keep 'em coming!
Take care and yes, the cabbage rolls are smelling divine!!
Paulette

WoolenSails said...

Love that penny piece, really creative and fun.
Nothing like sunlight to kill wool colors. I either have too much sun or flash, need to make a space with lights and a backdrop, so I can get better shots.

Debbie

Carlie said...

You new penny is looking real nice, you do such nice work.

Lisa said...

I too wish you would blog more but it's because I miss you! Your sister I'm sure is glad you let people think you are her! hehe Like your mat! Have you ever made a pumpkin pin keep? I really could use one of those. hint hint hehe
Glad to hear from you!
Hugs, Lisa

Rhonda said...

Cathy
I love the mat as always. I posted my finished candy corn one on my blog.
Your stories always give me a laugh. Keep um coming. Was out in your neck of the woods yesterday with a friend. We ate at a place called Sal's.Of course I wanted The Hot dog Shoppe but she had eaten there the night before.

Rhonda

Rhonda

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Shirley said we sound alike! We don't. You are much softer spoken. I'm loud and brassy. I don't know that many Shirleys. Is it the one who is on Bever council and used to work for the Chamber?

Did you save Mark some stuffed cabbage?

Casserole Carol

The French Bear said...

You are so much nicer to your sister than I am to mine, but I had five of them so that could be why. Or maybe you are sweeter that me, that must be why!!!! ha ha I love your stories, it always makes me laugh to hear them!!!! It is so hard to keep up with blogging and get your work done, I know how it is!!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

tarrah said...

Cathy, cute story, but I have one even better than that....everyone tells me that I look like my sister BUT SHE IS 12 YEARS OLDER THAN ME!!!! Ha ha....everyone says that I look like her and we resemble each other....yikes!!
Cute penny rugs....I love those scarecrows!

Juanita said...

Cath,
I absolutely love your work! I wish I could make some of those wonderful penny's that you make. They are beautiful!! And I am in there with ya about looking like your sister. It happens to me also! Have a blessed day!
Juanita