Thursday, June 11, 2009

It's New Recipe Day: CURTAIN CASSEROLE

I had a dream last night that my entire family was gathered at my sister's place for a holiday meal. She served up something so unusual and different for us to enjoy, when I woke up, I thought, "wow, that's such a good idea". So in my head, I tried to recreate that delightful recipe to share with those readers who enjoy experimenting with flavors and textures in your foods.
This recipe is eco-friendly and very green because we can now recycle those old, used drapes that would otherwise go into the garbage.

If anyone tries this, please let me know how it tastes!

So here, I offer:

CURTAIN CASSEROLE

*1 drapery panel, (preferrably an old, used panel. Please, rather than buying a new one for this recipe, Recycle, Reduce and Reuse by getting one from your local thrift store) cut the panel in 9" x 13"casserole pan sized pieces and let soak in warm water for 30 minutes.

*your favorite mac and cheese sauce recipe.

* 1 cup cheddar shredded cheddar cheese

While your drapery panel is soaking in water, prepare your mac and cheese sauce.

Rinse and drain your drapery panel and place one cut piece in a 9" x 13" baking dish.

Pour enough of the cheese sauce mixture over the curtain panel to cover.

Spread the sauce evenly.

Place another curtain layer over the top and continue with this layering until the casserole pan is filled.

Top with the shredded cheddar cheese.

Cover with some foil.

Bake at ... I dunno ... maybe 350 for ... I dunno ... 30 minutes or so or until you smell drapes baking.

Now, in my dream, the baking process supposedly broke down the fibers of the drapes, making it tender and moist.

Also in my dream, when I tasted it, it tasted gamey ... a lot like cheesy drapes but I think maybe it just needed to bake a little longer.

Someone try this recipe out for me!

Remember: Recycle, Reduce, Reuse.

Happy Day everyone!

5 comments:

PrimAngel said...

I dunno what you ate before you went to bed but please share so none of the rest of us will eat it and go to bed!! LOL
But love the pic of the curtians on your blog!!
I can tell you dream like I dream!!
HUGS
Nancy

Lisa said...

You need to watch what you eat before bed! LOL
That is really funny though, Thanks I needed the laugh!
Hugs,Lisa

Tolentreasures said...

Too funny! I have those same wacky dreams! Why?

Cathy

Anonymous said...

EWWWWWWWWWWWE! That was too much. Yes, I dream vivid things like that too;-) Very funny.

Tomorrow for Pink Saturday I'm featuring a slideshow of lovely flowers from my Dad's gardens around his home on the St. Croix River in Wisconsin.

Today I have a post on Slide, an application that lets you have slideshows on your blog, website whatever.

Take Care, J
http://MaidenShade.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.