Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Can we ever tire of Pansies! Yes

Remember the picture of the pansy petals drying on the cookie sheet from a few days ago? Here's what they turn into...click the picture to see them bigger! I decided to try a black background for them this time instead of using white. I like the look so far.

I am getting to the point of getting weary of looking at pansies though. I've made a lot this year ... more this year than any other year that I've made them.

Every spring I make them until I get so tired of cutting and dyeing those petals, I have to put the pattern away and stop until the next spring. I have to be able to enjoy making them so it's best to quit before HATE sets in! I still need to cut and dye about 5 more pansies to make into pincushions and then I'll put that pattern away until next year.

I'm experimenting with making wool roses now. I don't grow roses and don't really know much about them so I have to rely on web pictures for the colors and shapes.

gots to go ... the grandson has arrived!
Happy day everyone!

GO PENS!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

OH NO! I need one for my Mom's birthday! Let me know if you will still make one more. She likes my purple one but would take any color! Sorry to ask since your done for this year. Nice you know when to stop though. Enjoy your day with Kaden!
Hugs, Lisa

Colleen said...

I love these on the black background! How do you dye them??

Yes...GO PENS!!!

Betsy said...

Beautiful! I love the black background too. Do you make the petals from wool too?
Have a great evening.
Betsy

Dawn said...

Goodness! you are one busy lady. I love pansies but boy! Painting them is another story, I get tired of them, seems I have a continuing project with them.

Charmingdesigns said...

Your work is stunning. I had to laugh when you said you had to cut out more of the dang little violets. I was hoping you had a "gadget" I didn't know about...but scissors are the trick.lol. Laurie

Cathy said...

Oh my gosh! I am such a linen-aholic. I spent the entire day yesterday ironing vintage linens to sell on my website.

I just adore the beautiful pics of your lovely pieces.

Tolentreasures said...

Those are absolutely beautiful and so real looking!
Cathy