Monday, April 20, 2009

A not so Prim Candle Mat

I finally finished up the Violet Candle Mat yesterday, while watching the hockey game on tv.
This, along with the matching pinkeep is up on Ebay now so keep your fingers and toes crossed that it does well. I'd ask for a prayer but really, there's so many more important things to pray for, I'll just stick to crossed fingers and toes for this!
So as I'm listing this it occured to me that this is not the least bit primitive, but yet, I'm listing it in the primitive category. I've really strayed from making primitives mats and I think it's time to make an adjustment in my listings. Just not sure where to place it to get the best viewers. I'm kinda getting the craving to go back to the more primitive mats, but, unfortunately they just don't sell as well.
I had a question about the little flowers that I make and how I make them. On way to make them is to cut little circles and notch them out to make flowers but most times I draw the flowers on freezer paper, iron them onto the wool and then using little scissors, just start cutting. It's hard on the fingers so I only cut until my fingers turn numb, then it's time to quit for a while. I do admit my thumb is calloused from the scissors. The little baggie has flowers that I'm saving for a lilac pinkeep.
Well, I have our grandson visiting me for a bit today, so I shall end this quickly because he's requesting his favorite, peaches and cream oatmeal!
Happy Day, even though it's raining here!

5 comments:

Colleen said...

I love all your "pennies"...primitive or not!

BTW, we're "neighbors"! I live in Meadville! I never noticed that before! LOL

Betsy said...

Very beautiful! Hope it does well on Ebay for you.
Betsy

The Raggedy Girl said...

How very pretty.

Roberta Anne = The Raggedy Girl

Tolentreasures said...

Beautiful mat! I love it. Your work is amazing!

With Colleen up there in Meadville, maybe we should have a Western Pa wool meeting!

Cathy

Dawn said...

Wonderful work!